We thank you for your resilience in these challenging times and please acknowledge everyone will need to follow the Covid-19 regulations from the Victorian DHHS, at the time, which may also change, at any time. We will keep you informed but currently:
Each attendee is asked to do a symptom self-assessment prior to leaving home and not attend if they are unwell or have been instructed to isolate or quarantine.
In the event of the Bream Classic being cancelled due to Covid-19 Restrictions or other major events over the Competition weekend, your payment will be refunded less booking fees and credit card fees.
Online registrations open on Friday, 15th April, and close on Thursday 14th July 2022 at midnight.
Choose the Register Now button at the bottom of the page or select here.
** Please do not register again if you entered in 2021 and are still paid up e.g did not request a refund. Teams are back, so if you want to fish as a team, we will note this when you pick up your registration pack or email prior, with the team name and name of team participants.
Registrations, in person, will still be possible:
Friday 15th July
The Nicholson Hotel in Nicholson, from 10 am to 7:00 pm.
The Black Stump General Store in Johnsonville, from 10 am to 7:00 pm.
Saturday 16th July
The Black Stump General Store in Johnsonville, from 6 am to 9 am
Event Pricing - $ per person
Kids (16 and under) - $25.00*
Open (Adults) - $40.00*
* Booking fees (3% + GST) and Credit Card charges (% dependent on card type) will also apply. Note from 1st July 2022, the Booking fee increases to 5.5% plus GST - so book early.
Saturday16th July from 6:00 am till Sunday 17th July with the last Track My Fish submission at 11:30 am.
(Note this is a change from previous years. Due to the competition being Catch & Release only, there will be no fishing on Friday night.
Fishing Category Prizes
Prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
1. King or Queen of Bream 2022, open to all anglers, for the longest string of Bream (5 fish caught over weekend fishing times)
2. Longest Bream Overall
Adult Female Anglers
Adult Male Anglers
Kids (16 years and under) Anglers
3. Lure: Longest Bream caught with a Lure, open to all anglers, sponsored by Pro Lure.
4. Teams: Longest 'String' of 4 Bream caught by Teams of up to 4 members, sponsored by Tambo Marine.
5. Top 10 longest Bream caught by all Adult Anglers go into the draw for a Hobie Mirage Passport kayak.
6. Top 10 longest Bream caught by all Kids Anglers go into the draw for a Hobie Mirage Passport kayak.
7. Secret fish draw prizes will be awarded across all the entries.
The Major Prize draw will include:
First Prize: Quintrex Renegade 420 SC boat valued at $27,000.
Second Prize: Captains Cove, Paynesville - 3 night stay in 3 bedroom unit.
Third Prize: Drone courtesy of Black Stump General Store, Johnsonville.
The Rules of the Competition can be found on this link to the Competition Rules page or downloaded here. As part of complying with the Rules, all contestants need to agree with the Waiver and Model Release document.
CATCH & RELEASE BREAM Only
Log your fish through Track My Fish for Tournaments mobile app.
There will be no physical weigh-in stations. All fish are to be photographed on a brag mat (supplied by the Competition) and submitted through Track My Fish.
Volunteers will be available for anyone who needs assistance in using the App on Friday and throughout the fishing times.